Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 12:21 pm
Suns analyst: Offensive rebounding has been phenomenal
With so many new faces, the Suns were able to address a major concern from last season: rebounding.
Phoenix ranked seventh-worst in defensive rebounding percentage last season, grabbing only 71.7 of the shots missed by opponents. The team knew it had to improve on the boards if it was going to compete in the Western Conference.
It appears they may have done just that.
"I think they're rebounding much better as a whole," Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "It starts with Marcin Gortat and Luis Scola, watching him talk about it in the preseason, in training camp and in media day that he wanted to become a better rebounder at both ends of the floor."
The Suns grabbed 50 rebounds in Charlotte Wednesday while allowing the Bobcats to snag just 39. Michael Beasley and Gortat led the team with 15 and 10 rebounds each.
"We've seen the offensive rebound; 20 against Charlotte to give them second chance opportunities to extend possessions," said Kempton. "So the offensive rebounding has been phenomenal."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.