Suns Strokes: Suns fall to Jazz on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 94-81 loss to the Utah Jazz on November 10. Final Score: Jazz 94, Suns 81
The Suns attempted a second comeback in as many nights but their spirited effort fell short. In the fourth quarter, they went on a 15-2 run to narrow Utah's lead to single digits. But ultimately, they couldn't overcome a 22-point deficit against the Jazz on Saturday.
Luis Scola performed well for Phoenix, finishing the game with 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Suns' offensive attack.
The bench was once again a bright spot for head coach Alvin Gentry. He went to his reserves earlier against the Jazz and it paid off as they helped cut into Utah's big lead.
The Suns once again dug themselves in a hole early and it proved too steep to overcome on the road against an opponent who's size proved problematic.
Gentry's squad had trouble rebounding the ball as the Jazz held a 52-37 advantage in that area.
• The Suns shot just 36.8 percent in the defeat.
• Marcin Gortat finished the game 0 of 6 shooting with just one point.
• Shannon Brown had averaged 21.3 points over the past three games but was held to just four against the Jazz.
The Suns will host the Denver Nuggets on Monday night at 7:00 p.m.
- Doug and Wolf/ Jared Dudley - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?