Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 8:39 am
Suns Strokes: Suns fall to Jazz on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 94-81 loss to the Utah Jazz on November 10. Final Score: Jazz 94, Suns 81
The Suns attempted a second comeback in as many nights but their spirited effort fell short. In the fourth quarter, they went on a 15-2 run to narrow Utah's lead to single digits. But ultimately, they couldn't overcome a 22-point deficit against the Jazz on Saturday.
Luis Scola performed well for Phoenix, finishing the game with 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Suns' offensive attack.
The bench was once again a bright spot for head coach Alvin Gentry. He went to his reserves earlier against the Jazz and it paid off as they helped cut into Utah's big lead.
The Suns once again dug themselves in a hole early and it proved too steep to overcome on the road against an opponent who's size proved problematic.
Gentry's squad had trouble rebounding the ball as the Jazz held a 52-37 advantage in that area.
• The Suns shot just 36.8 percent in the defeat.
• Marcin Gortat finished the game 0 of 6 shooting with just one point.
• Shannon Brown had averaged 21.3 points over the past three games but was held to just four against the Jazz.
The Suns will host the Denver Nuggets on Monday night at 7:00 p.m.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.