Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 10:51 pm
Suns Strokes: Balanced offensive effort keys win over Nuggets
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 110-100 win over the Denver Nuggets on November 12. Final Score: Suns 110, Nuggets 100
The Suns placed a season-high seven players in double figures, including all five starters; and committed a season-low six turnovers to end a six-game losing streak to the Nuggets. It was the Suns third straight win at US Airways Center as they have opened the season 3-1 at home for the first time since 2009-10, the team's last playoff campaign.
The Suns allowed the 20th-best shooting team in the league to make better than 50-percent of its field goals in each quarter, including 57.9% in the first quarter. Denver, which came into the game shooting 42.6%, made a season-high 53.9% of its shots.
He said it:
"It's a good win," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "We've obviously struggled with that team over the past couple of years, so to be able to get a win against them and be able to get a win at home was really important. I thought we played well, we had a lot of guys that stepped up and I thought did some good things."
Goran Dragic, who led all scorers with 21 points, is the only Suns player to score in double figures in every game this season.
The Suns have trailed by 10 or more in seven of eight games -- including all four games at home, this season.
The Suns (4-4) complete this mini two-game homestand with a visit from the Chicago Bulls (4-3) on Wednesday, November 14.
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.