Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 8:17 am
Suns' Babby encouraged by team's start
So to be where the team is at through eight games is, well, not bad, according to President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby.
"To have all the changes we've made and be 4-4 at this point is not bad," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "There are a couple games I felt we should have won that we didn't win, but maybe there are a couple we won that we didn't expect to win."
Babby said he's not necessarily happy with the record, but is encouraged by what he's seen from the team.
That said, Babby knows the team needs to improve, and says he's seen it do just that, specifically with rebounding and ball security.
"So I think there's a bit of a flow offensively and that's improving," he said. "So I think in those areas we're making progress but it's still so early and we still have so much, so much work to do."
Babby admitted that he's still learning a lot about his team, which makes sense since it's played just a handful of games together.
"One of the things [head coach Alvin Gentry] will do as time goes on, and we saw it last year, is he'll be more precise in his definition of roles for players, and that takes time," Babby said. "You just can't rush that.
Babby added that what he likes most about the team is the effort with which they play, saying there is "a freshness" that has not been there since he's been with the organization.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?