Suns Strokes: Suns fall to energetic Lakers on the road
Goran Dragic was a bright spot for the Suns on offense. He scored 22 points and added seven assists and two rebounds.
Luis Scola also added 18 points, while Michael Beasley added 14 of his own along with a career-high nine assists.
The Suns' defense was shoddy against a fast-paced, energetic Lakers attack. New head coach Mike D'Antoni wasn't yet on the sidelines, as he was getting treatment for his knee in the Lakers' locker room, but his presence was surely felt.
Phoenix couldn't contain Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, who netted 31 points for Los Angeles. Metta World Peace found ways to burn the Suns when it counted, sinking five three-pointers and scoring 22 points on the night.
The Suns have now dropped three of their last four games.
• The Lakers put together a 17-2 run over the final two quarters to pull away.
• Former Suns' icon Steve Nash didn't face his former team as the Lakers point guard missed his seventh consecutive game with a small fracture in his left leg. He is expected to miss at least another week of action before getting examined again next weekend.
• The Suns continued their streak of falling behind early in games this season. They have now trailed by double digits in nine of their 10 games this year.
The Suns will host the defending champion Miami Heat on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.