Suns Strokes: Suns fall to energetic Lakers on the road
Goran Dragic was a bright spot for the Suns on offense. He scored 22 points and added seven assists and two rebounds.
Luis Scola also added 18 points, while Michael Beasley added 14 of his own along with a career-high nine assists.
The Suns' defense was shoddy against a fast-paced, energetic Lakers attack. New head coach Mike D'Antoni wasn't yet on the sidelines, as he was getting treatment for his knee in the Lakers' locker room, but his presence was surely felt.
Phoenix couldn't contain Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, who netted 31 points for Los Angeles. Metta World Peace found ways to burn the Suns when it counted, sinking five three-pointers and scoring 22 points on the night.
The Suns have now dropped three of their last four games.
• The Lakers put together a 17-2 run over the final two quarters to pull away.
• Former Suns' icon Steve Nash didn't face his former team as the Lakers point guard missed his seventh consecutive game with a small fracture in his left leg. He is expected to miss at least another week of action before getting examined again next weekend.
• The Suns continued their streak of falling behind early in games this season. They have now trailed by double digits in nine of their 10 games this year.
The Suns will host the defending champion Miami Heat on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.