Suns Strokes: Suns fall to energetic Lakers on the road
Goran Dragic was a bright spot for the Suns on offense. He scored 22 points and added seven assists and two rebounds.
Luis Scola also added 18 points, while Michael Beasley added 14 of his own along with a career-high nine assists.
The Suns' defense was shoddy against a fast-paced, energetic Lakers attack. New head coach Mike D'Antoni wasn't yet on the sidelines, as he was getting treatment for his knee in the Lakers' locker room, but his presence was surely felt.
Phoenix couldn't contain Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, who netted 31 points for Los Angeles. Metta World Peace found ways to burn the Suns when it counted, sinking five three-pointers and scoring 22 points on the night.
The Suns have now dropped three of their last four games.
• The Lakers put together a 17-2 run over the final two quarters to pull away.
• Former Suns' icon Steve Nash didn't face his former team as the Lakers point guard missed his seventh consecutive game with a small fracture in his left leg. He is expected to miss at least another week of action before getting examined again next weekend.
• The Suns continued their streak of falling behind early in games this season. They have now trailed by double digits in nine of their 10 games this year.
The Suns will host the defending champion Miami Heat on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.