Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 4:12 pm
Suns' Alvin Gentry vague about pending lineup changes
Speaking with Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, Gentry left no clue on what moves he planned on making to the starting five after hinting changes were inevitable.
"I think everybody will find out tonight," said Gentry when asked about the lineup shuffling.
When presented with the possibilities of Shannon Brown getting the nod over Jared Dudley or Michael Beasley coming off the bench, Gentry was even more vague and simply responded both "could be a possibility."
Gentry added that when fans see the changes he's made they shouldn't be quick to base his team's poor play on those players being moved around in the lineup.
"When you change the lineup, that doesn't necessarily mean the players you've taken out of the lineup are responsible for the reason you're not playing well or getting off to a bad start or playing poorly," said Gentry. "I think that needs to be understood. But I think the combinations of the five guys that have been out there have not been effective."
"We've got the stats that we look at to prove it and the combinations of guys that we've had out there," said Gentry. "So in order for us to get this thing turned around, we've got make changes and we have to see if certain other people can work in the lineup. We'll do that and see if that works and if it doesn't, we'll try something else."
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.