Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 8:15 am
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer third-worst defeat in franchise history
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-77 loss to the Pistons on November 28.
The Suns didn't have much go their way Wednesday night.
Luis Scola led the team with 11 points and six rebounds in the loss, which shows just how poorly Phoenix performed.
Detroit handed Phoenix its third-worst loss in franchise history.
The Suns didn't notch an assist for the entire second and most of the third quarters. According to STATS, the last team to go a whole quarter without an assist was the Toronto Raptors on Nov. 13.
Phoenix suffered a complete meltdown in the third quarter, in which the starters made just one shot. The Suns were also called for four technical fouls in the period.
They also totaled 19 turnovers in the loss.
The Suns were behind by as many as 44 points in the fourth quarter.
The loss wasn't the worst in the NBA this season -- that distinction belongs to the Charlotte Bobcats, who lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder 114-69 Monday night.
He Said It:
"There was nothing that we did that you could say was even NCAA quality," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "It was an absolutely horrendous game, and we'll have to do much, much better."
The Suns will continue their six-game road trip on Friday night against the Toronto Raptors. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t