Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 11:04 am
Suns promise refund if fans not happy vs. Mavs
"We believe strongly in the up-tempo, exciting brand of basketball that our team plays every time it steps onto the court, as well as the overall entertainment experience we provide here at US Airways Center," said Phoenix Suns president, Jason Rowley in a press release. "We feel so confident in our product that we are willing to offer money back to those fans who leave our arena unsatisfied after experiencing the excitement of Suns basketball."
ESPN sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Friday morning, "If you don't go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked. You go to the game, you pay for the ticket, you're not happy, you get your money back."
The Suns are 7-9 in fourth place in the Pacific Division and are coming off their third-worst loss in franchise history.
"They're not doing anything crazy -- they're saying we don't have a whole bunch of stars, we don't have a whole bunch of names, but we think we have good entertainment," Rovell said. "[The Suns] think we provide you with a great night. So if you're not happy with it, you will get your money back."
The Suns aren't the first local team to offer a satisfaction guarantee. In 2008, the Arizona Rattlers guaranteed they'd make the Arena Football League Playoffs, otherwise season ticket holders would receive a full refund on their seat purchases. In the end, the Rattlers made the postseason and didn't have to honor the refund offer.
Phoenix is averaging 15,063 fans for home games this season, a mark which ranks 24th in the league.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 13Lon Babby discusses the Suns' playoff push with 18 games to go.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 13Who is the heart and soul of the Suns?
- David Griffin, Cleveland Cavaliers interim GM - Wednesday March 12David Griffin discusses the surprising season the Phoenix Suns are enjoying.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.