Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 9:34 am
Suns' Kendall Marshall excels in D-League debut
The point guard from the University of North Carolina had played just 18 minutes in the Phoenix Suns' first 14 games. So late last week, in an effort to get the young prospect some minutes, the Suns assigned Marshall to the Bakersfield Jam of the National Basketball Development League.
Marshall made his D-League debut Monday night and acquitted himself rather nicely, scoring 21 points on 7-of-18 shooting with eight assists and two turnovers in 31 minutes. Bakersfield beat Santa Cruz 102-95.
Marshall and the Jam will continue their schedule Tuesday night against the Los Angeles Defenders, a team featuring former Arizona State guard Kevin Kruger. Suns general manager Lance Blanks is scheduled to see Marshall play some time later this week.
- 'Bad timing' puts Suns center Alex Len on the shelf, again
- Warren requires stitches, but short-handed Suns overcome Bucks late
- The Pulse: Fans not sure how Isaiah Thomas fits with Suns
- Phoenix Suns center Alex Len to miss the rest of Summer League with finger injury
- Phoenix Suns rookie T.J. Warren shines in first Summer League outing
- Fat Lever- Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development - Friday July 11Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development Fat Lever believes Isaiah Thomas will be a go
- Jeff Phelps- Cavs TV Host - Friday July 11Cavs TV host Jeff Phelps describes the reaction in Cleveland to LeBron returning home.
- Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland - Friday July 11Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, gives a local perspective on LeBron James’ return
- Charles Barkley, TNT NBA analyst - Friday July 11TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley gives his take on LeBron James’ return to Cleveland.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 11What does it mean for LeBron James to return to Cleveland?