Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 9:34 am
Suns' Kendall Marshall excels in D-League debut
The point guard from the University of North Carolina had played just 18 minutes in the Phoenix Suns' first 14 games. So late last week, in an effort to get the young prospect some minutes, the Suns assigned Marshall to the Bakersfield Jam of the National Basketball Development League.
Marshall made his D-League debut Monday night and acquitted himself rather nicely, scoring 21 points on 7-of-18 shooting with eight assists and two turnovers in 31 minutes. Bakersfield beat Santa Cruz 102-95.
Marshall and the Jam will continue their schedule Tuesday night against the Los Angeles Defenders, a team featuring former Arizona State guard Kevin Kruger. Suns general manager Lance Blanks is scheduled to see Marshall play some time later this week.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.