Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 9:34 am
Suns' Kendall Marshall excels in D-League debut
The point guard from the University of North Carolina had played just 18 minutes in the Phoenix Suns' first 14 games. So late last week, in an effort to get the young prospect some minutes, the Suns assigned Marshall to the Bakersfield Jam of the National Basketball Development League.
Marshall made his D-League debut Monday night and acquitted himself rather nicely, scoring 21 points on 7-of-18 shooting with eight assists and two turnovers in 31 minutes. Bakersfield beat Santa Cruz 102-95.
Marshall and the Jam will continue their schedule Tuesday night against the Los Angeles Defenders, a team featuring former Arizona State guard Kevin Kruger. Suns general manager Lance Blanks is scheduled to see Marshall play some time later this week.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso