Suns' Kendall Marshall excels in D-League debut
The point guard from the University of North Carolina had played just 18 minutes in the Phoenix Suns' first 14 games. So late last week, in an effort to get the young prospect some minutes, the Suns assigned Marshall to the Bakersfield Jam of the National Basketball Development League.
Marshall made his D-League debut Monday night and acquitted himself rather nicely, scoring 21 points on 7-of-18 shooting with eight assists and two turnovers in 31 minutes. Bakersfield beat Santa Cruz 102-95.
Marshall and the Jam will continue their schedule Tuesday night against the Los Angeles Defenders, a team featuring former Arizona State guard Kevin Kruger. Suns general manager Lance Blanks is scheduled to see Marshall play some time later this week.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.