Updated Dec 7, 2012 - 3:10 pm
Rowley: Only a handful of Suns fans have asked for refund
While the Phoenix Suns dropped their fifth straight game Thursday night to the Dallas Mavericks, team president Jason Rowley said the organization's "Satisfaction Guaranteed Night" turned out to be a pretty successful promotion.
The one-night offer gave every fan who entered US Airways Center Thursday night the opportunity to send their ticket stub back in for a full refund if they were unhappy with any aspect of their game experience.
Less than 24 hours later, Rowley said only a handful of patrons have asked for their money back.
"We've had one phone call to our switchboard on how to get a refund," Rowley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Friday. "We've had just a couple hundred people inquiring on our website page and clicking through our website on how to get a refund, and more than half of those clicks have come from articles referencing the website and the promotion."
While the on-court product sent the season-high crowd of 17,517 fans home displeased with yet another another discouraging performance, Rowley said overall the reaction was rather positive.
"We sampled a lot of our fans as they were walking out the door last night," said Rowley. "We had people staffed at each door asking people 'How they enjoyed the experience?' and 'What they thought?' Not that it was uniform but the vast majority said 'Yeah, would have loved to had won, but we like what you guys are doing. We had a great experience and no I'm not going to ask for a refund.'
"We just want people to have a good time. That's the bottom line."
With the attendance numbers up for at least one night, Rowley was asked if the organization planned to do a similar event at some point later this season.
"I don't know," said Rowley. "I've been asked that question from a few other media follow-up inquiries today, and the reason I say that is because we are giving people a reasonable period of time to redeem...so we don't have all the data yet."
Rowley did not that while not all the data has been gathered, several other teams and professional leagues have inquired about the logistics of putting together a similar promotion.
- Former D-league coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain