Updated Dec 8, 2012 - 7:55 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns drop sixth straight, fall to Clippers in LA
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-99 loss to the Clippers on December 8.
Beleaguered forward Michael Beasley performed well coming off the bench, adding 21 points for the Suns. He had only tallied 24 points in his last three games for Phoenix.
In the fourth quarter, Luis Scola scored 10 straight points for the Suns and finished the game with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown also added 19 points for Phoenix in the loss.
The Suns dropped their sixth straight game and own a 2-10 record on the road this season.
Alvin Gentry's squad struggled mightily in the fourth quarter, which allowed the Clippers to pull away. Los Angeles outscored Phoenix 32-16.
• Center Jermaine O'Neal was ejected in fourth quarter.
• The Suns completed their seventh road contest in 14 days against the Clippers on Saturday.
• Phoenix has not lost six straight games since March 3-12, 2009.
The Suns will take on the Orlando Magic at US Airways Center on Sunday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.