Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 1:12 pm
Did former Sun Cedric Ceballos take a shot at Lance Blanks?
The Suns dropped their seventh straight game Sunday night 98-90 to the Orlando Magic and now have the third-worst record in the Western Conference at 7-15.
With nine new faces on the roster and no star player in sight, cautioning on the side of patience might be well-served when analyzing the Phoenix Suns' rough start in 2012-13.
However, former Sun and in-game host Cedric Ceballos had this to say just a few hours after Phoenix's loss to Orlando.
iF u were a BAD player (bad meaning, can't play) u will never b a good GM #nuffced— Cedric Ceballos (@cedceballos) December 10, 2012
Ceballos didn't name any names, so he could seemingly have been taking a shot at owner Robert Sarver, president of basketball operations Lon Babby or general manager Lance Blanks, since after all each of the three men have some role in the decision-making process.
But Sarver and Babby have played a combined zero games in the NBA, so Ceballos' shot is likely directed at Blanks.
From 1991-1993, Blanks, a former first-round draft pick, played in parts of three seasons with the Detroit Pistons and Minnesota Timberwolves, averaging 2.0 points and 7.2 minutes per game for his career.
If directed at Blanks, Ceballos' harsh analysis could stem from the fact the organization failed to retain his contract after the 2010-11 season.
Although the facts seem to back him up.
Since Blanks was hired in August 2010, the Suns have missed the playoffs in each of the last two seasons and have a combined 80-90 record. During that time, the team has also parted ways with fan favorites Steve Nash and Grant Hill, while bringing in the likes of Vince Carter and Michael Beasley.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?