Did former Sun Cedric Ceballos take a shot at Lance Blanks?
The Suns dropped their seventh straight game Sunday night 98-90 to the Orlando Magic and now have the third-worst record in the Western Conference at 7-15.
With nine new faces on the roster and no star player in sight, cautioning on the side of patience might be well-served when analyzing the Phoenix Suns' rough start in 2012-13.
However, former Sun and in-game host Cedric Ceballos had this to say just a few hours after Phoenix's loss to Orlando.
iF u were a BAD player (bad meaning, can't play) u will never b a good GM #nuffced— Cedric Ceballos (@cedceballos) December 10, 2012
Ceballos didn't name any names, so he could seemingly have been taking a shot at owner Robert Sarver, president of basketball operations Lon Babby or general manager Lance Blanks, since after all each of the three men have some role in the decision-making process.
But Sarver and Babby have played a combined zero games in the NBA, so Ceballos' shot is likely directed at Blanks.
From 1991-1993, Blanks, a former first-round draft pick, played in parts of three seasons with the Detroit Pistons and Minnesota Timberwolves, averaging 2.0 points and 7.2 minutes per game for his career.
If directed at Blanks, Ceballos' harsh analysis could stem from the fact the organization failed to retain his contract after the 2010-11 season.
Although the facts seem to back him up.
Since Blanks was hired in August 2010, the Suns have missed the playoffs in each of the last two seasons and have a combined 80-90 record. During that time, the team has also parted ways with fan favorites Steve Nash and Grant Hill, while bringing in the likes of Vince Carter and Michael Beasley.
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Thursday May 9McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about what he's looking for in a new head coach