Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 2:48 pm
Suns' Beasley labeled 'toxic' by anonymous source
Sunday's loss to the mediocre Orlando Magic at US Airways Center pushed their current losing streak to seven games -- their longest since February of 2004.
And now, this.
Shaun Powell, a writer for SportsonEarth.com who has more than 25 years experience covering the league, has put out the following tweet on Suns forward Michael Beasley.
Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup.— Shaun Powell (@Powell2daPeople) December 10, 2012
Beasley, who had the label of 'enigma' when he signed with the Suns, has done little to shake it in his first 22 games in Phoenix. The fifth-year pro from Kansas State has been relegated to the bench after starting the first 20 games of the season. Counted on to be a consistent scoring threat, Beasley is averaging only 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per contest while shooting only 38% from the field -- all career lows.
We're not sure what 'major shakeup' means, especially in light of the fact that the Suns underwent just that in the offseason, adding nine new faces to the roster.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.