Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 2:48 pm
Suns' Beasley labeled 'toxic' by anonymous source
Sunday's loss to the mediocre Orlando Magic at US Airways Center pushed their current losing streak to seven games -- their longest since February of 2004.
And now, this.
Shaun Powell, a writer for SportsonEarth.com who has more than 25 years experience covering the league, has put out the following tweet on Suns forward Michael Beasley.
Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup.— Shaun Powell (@Powell2daPeople) December 10, 2012
Beasley, who had the label of 'enigma' when he signed with the Suns, has done little to shake it in his first 22 games in Phoenix. The fifth-year pro from Kansas State has been relegated to the bench after starting the first 20 games of the season. Counted on to be a consistent scoring threat, Beasley is averaging only 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per contest while shooting only 38% from the field -- all career lows.
We're not sure what 'major shakeup' means, especially in light of the fact that the Suns underwent just that in the offseason, adding nine new faces to the roster.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.