Shannon Brown's performance a bright spot for the Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns have certainly had their fair share of struggles this season, mainly they've had trouble getting consistent, productive performances out of their players.
One Sun who could be deemed an exception is Shannon Brown. The 27-year-old has continually provided impressive efforts, and exemplary shot selection, even during the team's lowly seven-game losing streak.
"I think he does a phenomenal job at the end of shot clocks," Suns' color analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "He never puts his teammates at a disadvantage by giving them the ball as the shot clock is running down. He understands the situation and it may not be the greatest shot but at least it's a shot."
Kempton is quite high on Brown and believes he is playing quality basketball for the Suns right now.
"Shannon Brown, athletic enough to burn guys down off the dribble, score and take it to the basket and we've seen his shooting abilities," Kempton said. "So I think his shot selection within the game framework is absolutely dead on. I think he's playing absolutely very, very good this year."
The Suns' guard is averaging 12.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 26 minutes this year.
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite