Shannon Brown's performance a bright spot for the Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns have certainly had their fair share of struggles this season, mainly they've had trouble getting consistent, productive performances out of their players.
One Sun who could be deemed an exception is Shannon Brown. The 27-year-old has continually provided impressive efforts, and exemplary shot selection, even during the team's lowly seven-game losing streak.
"I think he does a phenomenal job at the end of shot clocks," Suns' color analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "He never puts his teammates at a disadvantage by giving them the ball as the shot clock is running down. He understands the situation and it may not be the greatest shot but at least it's a shot."
Kempton is quite high on Brown and believes he is playing quality basketball for the Suns right now.
"Shannon Brown, athletic enough to burn guys down off the dribble, score and take it to the basket and we've seen his shooting abilities," Kempton said. "So I think his shot selection within the game framework is absolutely dead on. I think he's playing absolutely very, very good this year."
The Suns' guard is averaging 12.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 26 minutes this year.
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.