Shannon Brown's performance a bright spot for the Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns have certainly had their fair share of struggles this season, mainly they've had trouble getting consistent, productive performances out of their players.
One Sun who could be deemed an exception is Shannon Brown. The 27-year-old has continually provided impressive efforts, and exemplary shot selection, even during the team's lowly seven-game losing streak.
"I think he does a phenomenal job at the end of shot clocks," Suns' color analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "He never puts his teammates at a disadvantage by giving them the ball as the shot clock is running down. He understands the situation and it may not be the greatest shot but at least it's a shot."
Kempton is quite high on Brown and believes he is playing quality basketball for the Suns right now.
"Shannon Brown, athletic enough to burn guys down off the dribble, score and take it to the basket and we've seen his shooting abilities," Kempton said. "So I think his shot selection within the game framework is absolutely dead on. I think he's playing absolutely very, very good this year."
The Suns' guard is averaging 12.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 26 minutes this year.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.