Updated Dec 24, 2012 - 4:06 pm
Technical fouls piling up for Suns' Alvin Gentry, Jermaine O'Neal
Well, except for one.
In Sunday night's 102-77 loss to the red-hot Los Angeles Clippers, Jermaine O'Neal picked up his league-leading eighth technical foul. For most coaches, this would be a cause for concern, after all the 17-year veteran is already halfway to a one-game suspension. But Alvin Gentry isn't exactly in a position to lecture O'Neal.
Late in the first half of Sunday's game against Los Angeles, Alvin Gentry was unhappy with official Rodney Mott's decision not to blow his whistle on what looked to be a clear-cut foul on Phoenix guard Goran Dragic.
Gentry's argument with Mott eventually ended in his first ejection of the season and put him second on the technical foul list among NBA coaches with five in 2012-13. He trails only New York Knicks head coach Mike Woodson, who has six on the year.
While it's encouraging to see how passionate O'Neal and Gentry are even in the face of a losing record, extra free throw opportunities for opposing teams can be deadly for the Suns, especially since nine of their games this season have already been decided by five points or less.
As a team, the Suns currently lead the league with 24 technical fouls.
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?