Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 10:28 am
Suns have interest in Chicago's Rip Hamilton?
One rumor out there originates in Chicago and involves the Phoenix Suns. CSN Chicago Bulls Insider Aggrey Sam answered a question in mailbag column about the Bulls' trade possibilities, and mentioned Phoenix could have interest in a current member of the Bulls - veteran guard Richard Hamilton.
However, with his recent injury, that could be hard to pull off unless he makes an impressive return in the month or so leading up to the deadline, so it might not be possible to move him. Actually, I'm sure they could find a taker -- Phoenix, for one, is a team that I've heard has some interest -- but at this stage of his career, Hamilton and his representatives might not be open to playing for a non-contender, even for half of a season.
Hamilton is 34 years of age and in his 13th year in the league (second in Chicago). He's played in only 15 games this season and none since December 1.
Although his best days as a scorer are behind him, Hamilton is still averaging almost 14 points in 27.1 minutes per game for the Bulls -- an average that would rank second on the Suns' roster.
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org