Suns' Dragic: (The foul) was not intentional
"I'm sore, especially my butt, my wrist," he said. "But it's normal."
Normal only after factoring in how hard he hit the floor after being undercut by the Knicks J.R. Smith on a drive to the basket in the closing seconds of the second quarter.
"It was not intentional," Dragic said of what the officials ruled as a Flagrant 1 foul. "He bumped me with his shoulder on my leg; and I just lose control and fall awkwardly."
Dragic missed the subsequent free throws and then exited the game. He spent the remainder of the 99-97 loss to the Knicks in the locker room with what the team reported as hip, wrist and back contusions.
"You want to help the team," Dragic said of why he wanted to shoot the foul shots. "And then, after that, when I sit on the bench, I just felt weird.
"In the end, it could be worse. I could've hit my head on the floor or something like that."
Dragic is hopeful he'll be able to play at Indiana.
Head coach Alvin Gentry isn't so sure.
"It was a really tough fall," Gentry said. "We've got another 24 hours (but) I think it would be tough for him to line up against Indiana (Friday) night. He's a tough, tough kid so Minnesota (on Saturday), he may be okay."
Dragic said his left wrist feels fine. His backside is what took the brunt of the fall.
"Especially I'm really skinny," he said. "The butt is really hurting me right now."
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM