Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Suns' Dragic: (The foul) was not intentional
"I'm sore, especially my butt, my wrist," he said. "But it's normal."
Normal only after factoring in how hard he hit the floor after being undercut by the Knicks J.R. Smith on a drive to the basket in the closing seconds of the second quarter.
"It was not intentional," Dragic said of what the officials ruled as a Flagrant 1 foul. "He bumped me with his shoulder on my leg; and I just lose control and fall awkwardly."
Dragic missed the subsequent free throws and then exited the game. He spent the remainder of the 99-97 loss to the Knicks in the locker room with what the team reported as hip, wrist and back contusions.
"You want to help the team," Dragic said of why he wanted to shoot the foul shots. "And then, after that, when I sit on the bench, I just felt weird.
"In the end, it could be worse. I could've hit my head on the floor or something like that."
Dragic is hopeful he'll be able to play at Indiana.
Head coach Alvin Gentry isn't so sure.
"It was a really tough fall," Gentry said. "We've got another 24 hours (but) I think it would be tough for him to line up against Indiana (Friday) night. He's a tough, tough kid so Minnesota (on Saturday), he may be okay."
Dragic said his left wrist feels fine. His backside is what took the brunt of the fall.
"Especially I'm really skinny," he said. "The butt is really hurting me right now."
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?