Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Suns' Dragic: (The foul) was not intentional
"I'm sore, especially my butt, my wrist," he said. "But it's normal."
Normal only after factoring in how hard he hit the floor after being undercut by the Knicks J.R. Smith on a drive to the basket in the closing seconds of the second quarter.
"It was not intentional," Dragic said of what the officials ruled as a Flagrant 1 foul. "He bumped me with his shoulder on my leg; and I just lose control and fall awkwardly."
Dragic missed the subsequent free throws and then exited the game. He spent the remainder of the 99-97 loss to the Knicks in the locker room with what the team reported as hip, wrist and back contusions.
"You want to help the team," Dragic said of why he wanted to shoot the foul shots. "And then, after that, when I sit on the bench, I just felt weird.
"In the end, it could be worse. I could've hit my head on the floor or something like that."
Dragic is hopeful he'll be able to play at Indiana.
Head coach Alvin Gentry isn't so sure.
"It was a really tough fall," Gentry said. "We've got another 24 hours (but) I think it would be tough for him to line up against Indiana (Friday) night. He's a tough, tough kid so Minnesota (on Saturday), he may be okay."
Dragic said his left wrist feels fine. His backside is what took the brunt of the fall.
"Especially I'm really skinny," he said. "The butt is really hurting me right now."
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Wednesday December 11How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?