Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 12:50 pm
Suns look to solve their road woes
A three-game, four-day road trip begins Friday in Indiana before stopping in Minnesota and then arriving in Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve.
"It's a test of: Are we going to stand in and compete," head coach Alvin Gentry said of a trip that will cover 4,088 miles.
In 13 road games this season, the Suns have but two victories. Only Sacramento and Washington have had less success, each with just a single road win.
"Young teams don't usually have success in the NBA," Jared Dudley said.
The Suns' last successful road game was November 27 at Cleveland, winning 91-78. Since then, the Suns have lost six straight away from home.
"It is very difficult to win on the road," Gentry said.
The Suns are their own worst enemy on the road, allowing ten more points per game on the road (106.5) than they do at home (96.3).
"For us," Dudley said, "it's being confident enough take those shots that you normally would take at home on the road. People pass it up and that's why usually stars do a lot better on the road because the role players don't play as well.
"For us," Dudley continued, "it's just concentrating, limiting our turnovers, being confident. When you have that shot, shoot it and we've got to knock them down."
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.