Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 12:50 pm
Suns look to solve their road woes
A three-game, four-day road trip begins Friday in Indiana before stopping in Minnesota and then arriving in Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve.
"It's a test of: Are we going to stand in and compete," head coach Alvin Gentry said of a trip that will cover 4,088 miles.
In 13 road games this season, the Suns have but two victories. Only Sacramento and Washington have had less success, each with just a single road win.
"Young teams don't usually have success in the NBA," Jared Dudley said.
The Suns' last successful road game was November 27 at Cleveland, winning 91-78. Since then, the Suns have lost six straight away from home.
"It is very difficult to win on the road," Gentry said.
The Suns are their own worst enemy on the road, allowing ten more points per game on the road (106.5) than they do at home (96.3).
"For us," Dudley said, "it's being confident enough take those shots that you normally would take at home on the road. People pass it up and that's why usually stars do a lot better on the road because the role players don't play as well.
"For us," Dudley continued, "it's just concentrating, limiting our turnovers, being confident. When you have that shot, shoot it and we've got to knock them down."
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.