Suns Strokes: Road woes continue in loss to Timberwolves
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Timberwolves on December 29.
Luis Scola delivered an impressive offensive performance for the Suns. He had a double-double of 33 points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown added 21 points and Jared Dudley had 18 for Phoenix.
The Suns lost their fifth straight game and fell to a dismal 2-13 on the road this season.
Phoenix couldn't contain Nikola Pekovic, who had 28 points and 11 rebounds, and Kevin Love who added 23 points and 18 boards for the T-wolves.
• Goran Dragic had a strong effort in his return to the lineup, scoring 16 points and adding 12 assists.
• The Suns turned the ball over just five times in the loss.
• Phoenix continued to struggle from behind the three-point arc, making only two of their 17 attempts.
The Suns will look to salvage their three-game road trip when they head to Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder on Monday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.