Suns Strokes: Road woes continue in loss to Timberwolves
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Timberwolves on December 29.
Luis Scola delivered an impressive offensive performance for the Suns. He had a double-double of 33 points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown added 21 points and Jared Dudley had 18 for Phoenix.
The Suns lost their fifth straight game and fell to a dismal 2-13 on the road this season.
Phoenix couldn't contain Nikola Pekovic, who had 28 points and 11 rebounds, and Kevin Love who added 23 points and 18 boards for the T-wolves.
• Goran Dragic had a strong effort in his return to the lineup, scoring 16 points and adding 12 assists.
• The Suns turned the ball over just five times in the loss.
• Phoenix continued to struggle from behind the three-point arc, making only two of their 17 attempts.
The Suns will look to salvage their three-game road trip when they head to Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder on Monday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM