Suns Strokes: Road woes continue in loss to Timberwolves
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Timberwolves on December 29.
Luis Scola delivered an impressive offensive performance for the Suns. He had a double-double of 33 points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown added 21 points and Jared Dudley had 18 for Phoenix.
The Suns lost their fifth straight game and fell to a dismal 2-13 on the road this season.
Phoenix couldn't contain Nikola Pekovic, who had 28 points and 11 rebounds, and Kevin Love who added 23 points and 18 boards for the T-wolves.
• Goran Dragic had a strong effort in his return to the lineup, scoring 16 points and adding 12 assists.
• The Suns turned the ball over just five times in the loss.
• Phoenix continued to struggle from behind the three-point arc, making only two of their 17 attempts.
The Suns will look to salvage their three-game road trip when they head to Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder on Monday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.