Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 1:51 pm
Suns coach Gentry admits to sounding like broken record
"Once again, I sound like a broken record but we have to finish the games," said Suns coach Alvin Gentry. "We played great in Indiana, we played great in Minnesota and we had a really great game going until the last nine minutes of the Oklahoma City game. We just gotta find a way to make the winning plays down the stretch."
Including the six game skid, the Suns have lost 13 of 17 games. Wednesday at shootaround Gentry said he's making a change to the starting lineup to hopefully find a spark.
"We're going to try P.J. (Tucker) as a starter to see if energy-wise that gives us anything," he said. "And then it gives us a guy like Shannon (Brown) coming off the bench that we can call plays for and try to see if we can keep the 2nd quarter going."
A couple bright spots for the Suns could be that their six losses have come against teams with records of .500 or better, and they are 6-2 at home against teams with sub .500 marks.
"I mean we can sit here and talk about it but it's just gotta be done," Gentry said. "We played great and we get to a certain point and we have to finish the game. The only way you can do that is to make the big stop or come up with the big rebound or make the big basket."
The fourth quarter continues to plague the Suns. They shoot just over 42 percent and average 22.4 points in the final 12 minutes, both of which are the team's worst numbers through 48 minutes of play.
Tip Wednesday against the 76ers is slated for 7: 00 pm, with pregame coverage starting at 6:30pm on Arizona Sports 620.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.