Kevin Durant's highlight dunk on Marcin Gortat
But that's not what people are talking about. They're talking about Kevin Durant's monster dunk over Suns center Marcin Gortat with 2:23 to go in the ball game.
Durant finished with 41, but none better than the throw down on "The Polish Hammer". Let's also not lose sight of what K.D. did to his friend, Michael Beasley, at the top of the key. Ouch.
Almost as good as the dunk was Gortat's response.
"Well first of all, I was looking for my car keys under the basket," he said. "The funny thing is that when (Kendrick) Perkins was standing under the basket he looked at me and I looked at him and he said, 'I know how it feels. Listen it happens."
In case you need a refresher on what Perkins was talking about...
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?