Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.
Syracuse's The Post-Standard newspaper ( http://bit.ly/16esc3V) says Colleen Shannon pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to a felony charge and faces a sentence ranging from no jail time to 10 months.
Federal agents say the 35-year-old Los Angeles resident and her boyfriend were arrested after he illegally crossed the border and rendezvoused with her in Fort Covington. Officials say the boyfriend has a criminal record in Canada.
Shannon was the centerfold for Playboy's 50th anniversary edition in 2004. She works as a disc jockey and calls herself the world's sexiest DJ. She declined to comment after the court appearance.
Shannon's boyfriend told authorities he knew his criminal record would bar his U.S. entry. He's jailed and faces deportation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.