Maurice Sendak collection coming to NYC auction
NEW YORK (AP) - A collection of works by the late children's author Maurice Sendak is coming to a New York City auction.
Swann Auction Galleries says many of the works at the Jan. 24 sale are signed.
Sendak died May 8, 2012, at age 83.
Among the highlights is a first edition of "Where the Wild Things Are." The inscription includes a drawing. The work has a pre-sale estimate of $7,000 to $15,000.
The seller is the late Reed Orenstein, a longtime Sendak collector and bookseller.
He gave Sendak an early copy of one of the author's own books that he didn't possess himself.
In gratitude, Sendak often gave Orenstein inscribed copies of his books.
The auction also will have works by Dr. Seuss, Beatrix Potter and others.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.