Maurice Sendak collection coming to NYC auction
NEW YORK (AP) - A collection of works by the late children's author Maurice Sendak is coming to a New York City auction.
Swann Auction Galleries says many of the works at the Jan. 24 sale are signed.
Sendak died May 8, 2012, at age 83.
Among the highlights is a first edition of "Where the Wild Things Are." The inscription includes a drawing. The work has a pre-sale estimate of $7,000 to $15,000.
The seller is the late Reed Orenstein, a longtime Sendak collector and bookseller.
He gave Sendak an early copy of one of the author's own books that he didn't possess himself.
In gratitude, Sendak often gave Orenstein inscribed copies of his books.
The auction also will have works by Dr. Seuss, Beatrix Potter and others.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.