Maurice Sendak collection coming to NYC auction
NEW YORK (AP) - A collection of works by the late children's author Maurice Sendak is coming to a New York City auction.
Swann Auction Galleries says many of the works at the Jan. 24 sale are signed.
Sendak died May 8, 2012, at age 83.
Among the highlights is a first edition of "Where the Wild Things Are." The inscription includes a drawing. The work has a pre-sale estimate of $7,000 to $15,000.
The seller is the late Reed Orenstein, a longtime Sendak collector and bookseller.
He gave Sendak an early copy of one of the author's own books that he didn't possess himself.
In gratitude, Sendak often gave Orenstein inscribed copies of his books.
The auction also will have works by Dr. Seuss, Beatrix Potter and others.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.