Suns Strokes: Milwaukee ends 26-year drought in Phoenix
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 98-94 loss to the Bucks on January 17.
Shannon Brown scored a team-high 20 points, his highest scoring output off the bench since November 9 vs. Cleveland. It was his fourth-straight double-digit scoring effort, his longest since a season-high seven-game stretch from November 30-December 12. Brown is averaging 16.8 points on 48.1 percent shooting (26-of-54) in his last four games.
After scoring 34 second-quarter points on 11 made field goals (11-of-23, .478), the Suns managed just 38 second-half points and 15 made field goals after halftime. Leading 80-72 with 9:53 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Suns scored just six points over the next 8:56 and were outscored by Milwaukee 22-6 in that span as the Bucks took a 94-86 lead with 57.4 second left.
He Said It:
"We got the game to the point where we should have won," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "You are up 10 and you are at home, you got to find a way to win the game. That's been the story of the whole season. We have not been able to do it."
• Suns' franchise-record tying 24-game home win streak against Milwaukee comes to an end. It's the Bucks first victory in Phoenix since February 21, 1987.
The Suns (13-28) do not play again until traveling to Sacramento for a match-up against the Kings on Wednesday, January 23.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Thursday May 9McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about what he's looking for in a new head coach