Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 10:41 pm
Suns Strokes: Milwaukee ends 26-year drought in Phoenix
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 98-94 loss to the Bucks on January 17.
Shannon Brown scored a team-high 20 points, his highest scoring output off the bench since November 9 vs. Cleveland. It was his fourth-straight double-digit scoring effort, his longest since a season-high seven-game stretch from November 30-December 12. Brown is averaging 16.8 points on 48.1 percent shooting (26-of-54) in his last four games.
After scoring 34 second-quarter points on 11 made field goals (11-of-23, .478), the Suns managed just 38 second-half points and 15 made field goals after halftime. Leading 80-72 with 9:53 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Suns scored just six points over the next 8:56 and were outscored by Milwaukee 22-6 in that span as the Bucks took a 94-86 lead with 57.4 second left.
He Said It:
"We got the game to the point where we should have won," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "You are up 10 and you are at home, you got to find a way to win the game. That's been the story of the whole season. We have not been able to do it."
• Suns' franchise-record tying 24-game home win streak against Milwaukee comes to an end. It's the Bucks first victory in Phoenix since February 21, 1987.
The Suns (13-28) do not play again until traveling to Sacramento for a match-up against the Kings on Wednesday, January 23.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.