Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 10:41 pm
Suns Strokes: Milwaukee ends 26-year drought in Phoenix
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 98-94 loss to the Bucks on January 17.
Shannon Brown scored a team-high 20 points, his highest scoring output off the bench since November 9 vs. Cleveland. It was his fourth-straight double-digit scoring effort, his longest since a season-high seven-game stretch from November 30-December 12. Brown is averaging 16.8 points on 48.1 percent shooting (26-of-54) in his last four games.
After scoring 34 second-quarter points on 11 made field goals (11-of-23, .478), the Suns managed just 38 second-half points and 15 made field goals after halftime. Leading 80-72 with 9:53 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Suns scored just six points over the next 8:56 and were outscored by Milwaukee 22-6 in that span as the Bucks took a 94-86 lead with 57.4 second left.
He Said It:
"We got the game to the point where we should have won," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "You are up 10 and you are at home, you got to find a way to win the game. That's been the story of the whole season. We have not been able to do it."
• Suns' franchise-record tying 24-game home win streak against Milwaukee comes to an end. It's the Bucks first victory in Phoenix since February 21, 1987.
The Suns (13-28) do not play again until traveling to Sacramento for a match-up against the Kings on Wednesday, January 23.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Suns' future looks bright, but D-backs have proven nothing is guaranteed
- Duke freshman Jabari Parker declares for NBA draft
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Suns’ season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?