Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 7:08 pm
GM Lance Blanks sends letter to Suns season-ticket holders
In the message, Blanks introduces Hunter as the team's leader moving forward and attempts to showcase his extensive NBA experience, both as a player and as a coach. The general manager also went out of his way to thank former coach Alvin Gentry, who mutually agreed to part ways with the team Friday.
While Phoenix sits in dead last in the Western Conference and enters the halfway point of the 2012-13 season at 13-28, the Suns general manager tried to remain as upbeat as possible in the message.
He made sure to include the following in his four-paragraph note to Suns fans:
I remain excited about this and know that our future is bright. As a result of careful planning, we've created a lot of options and flexibility to help us begin moving towards elite status. For example, we have as many as 10 draft picks over the next three seasons, including at least two first-round and one second-round picks this year. In addition, we currently have $6.5 million in cap space to sign new players. Our work is far from over, but with our commitment to excellence and perseverance the Suns are sure to rise again.
With the organization's eye already towards the offseason, Blanks added that the team will hold town meetings in the coming weeks to discuss the draft and free agency.
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.