Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 7:08 pm
GM Lance Blanks sends letter to Suns season-ticket holders
In the message, Blanks introduces Hunter as the team's leader moving forward and attempts to showcase his extensive NBA experience, both as a player and as a coach. The general manager also went out of his way to thank former coach Alvin Gentry, who mutually agreed to part ways with the team Friday.
While Phoenix sits in dead last in the Western Conference and enters the halfway point of the 2012-13 season at 13-28, the Suns general manager tried to remain as upbeat as possible in the message.
He made sure to include the following in his four-paragraph note to Suns fans:
I remain excited about this and know that our future is bright. As a result of careful planning, we've created a lot of options and flexibility to help us begin moving towards elite status. For example, we have as many as 10 draft picks over the next three seasons, including at least two first-round and one second-round picks this year. In addition, we currently have $6.5 million in cap space to sign new players. Our work is far from over, but with our commitment to excellence and perseverance the Suns are sure to rise again.
With the organization's eye already towards the offseason, Blanks added that the team will hold town meetings in the coming weeks to discuss the draft and free agency.
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.