Majerle, Turner's future with Phoenix Suns still up in the air
The Phoenix Suns have had two practices since the team named Lindsey Hunter as interim head coach on Sunday and assistants Dan Majerle and Elston Turner have been absent from both.
Hunter said the future of both coaches remains up in the air but expects the solution will "play itself out."
If they do rejoin the Suns, Hunter said he doesn't know when that would be. Phoenix is set to face the Kings in Sacramento on Wednesday so a resolution should be expected by Tuesday.
"I am not sure. Our front office probably has more knowledge about it than I do," Hunter said. "So what we're dealing with right now and that's being down here and trying to get better."
The Suns' new coach said he recognizes the situation is a delicate one and hurt feelings can be involved.
"I am sure being a coach and wanting to be a head coach and not getting an opportunity you know that hurts and I understand that and I am compassionate about that part of it," Hunter said. "I don't know what will come from anything of this but you wish the guys that are not with us the best and the guys that are with us, we're going to work."
Hunter bypassed a 14-year assistant in Elston and a Suns legend in Majerle when he was picked to replace Alvin Gentry.
If Majerle and Elston opt not to return, Hunter said he has no plans to bring any other coaches on board. The remaining staff members Igor Kokoskov, Noel Gillespie and player development coaches Corey Gaines and Ralph Sampson would assume more responsibility for the rest of the season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.