Report: Suns GM, Jermaine O'Neal had shouting match
And at US Airways Center, too.
Tuesday it was reported that veteran center Jermaine O'Neal missed practice and would not travel with the team to Sacramento due to an "unstated medical issue".
"I'm not sure, I heard he went to the doctor for some reason," Suns interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said when asked what was wrong. "I didn't get the details."
Well we're getting them now.
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2013
O'Neal joined the Suns prior to this season and has averaged 6.4 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. At 34, he is one of the team's elder statesmen, and it's likely he is not pleased with the direction the team has taken of late.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.