Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 1:26 pm
Report: Suns GM, Jermaine O'Neal had shouting match
And at US Airways Center, too.
Tuesday it was reported that veteran center Jermaine O'Neal missed practice and would not travel with the team to Sacramento due to an "unstated medical issue".
"I'm not sure, I heard he went to the doctor for some reason," Suns interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said when asked what was wrong. "I didn't get the details."
Well we're getting them now.
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2013
O'Neal joined the Suns prior to this season and has averaged 6.4 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. At 34, he is one of the team's elder statesmen, and it's likely he is not pleased with the direction the team has taken of late.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.