Suns owner Sarver disagrees with idea that Suns fans are upset
Their attendance is down for the third consecutive year, and with what's happened around the team lately, there would seem to be a bit of a negative attitude towards the Valley's original professional sports team.
Not so, says Suns owner Robert Sarver.
"I would disagree with that," Sarver told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo when asked about an upset fan base. "I would say that we monitor all of the information that comes in from our ticket holders and our fans, and I would disagree with that."
Sarver said the idea that Suns fans are upset is "a good story" for the media, and is just one of many non-factual stories that have surfaced with regards to the team.
But, he added, he understands tough decisions during tough times will rub fans the wrong way.
"This is a tough time for a franchise," he said. "When we're not winning and we're not playing well fans are upset, and that all comes with it.
"What I would say to the fans is we're working every day to try to get our team back to elite status."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.