Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 12:15 pm
Suns owner Sarver disagrees with idea that Suns fans are upset
Their attendance is down for the third consecutive year, and with what's happened around the team lately, there would seem to be a bit of a negative attitude towards the Valley's original professional sports team.
Not so, says Suns owner Robert Sarver.
"I would disagree with that," Sarver told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo when asked about an upset fan base. "I would say that we monitor all of the information that comes in from our ticket holders and our fans, and I would disagree with that."
Sarver said the idea that Suns fans are upset is "a good story" for the media, and is just one of many non-factual stories that have surfaced with regards to the team.
But, he added, he understands tough decisions during tough times will rub fans the wrong way.
"This is a tough time for a franchise," he said. "When we're not winning and we're not playing well fans are upset, and that all comes with it.
"What I would say to the fans is we're working every day to try to get our team back to elite status."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.