Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 12:15 pm
Suns owner Sarver disagrees with idea that Suns fans are upset
Their attendance is down for the third consecutive year, and with what's happened around the team lately, there would seem to be a bit of a negative attitude towards the Valley's original professional sports team.
Not so, says Suns owner Robert Sarver.
"I would disagree with that," Sarver told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo when asked about an upset fan base. "I would say that we monitor all of the information that comes in from our ticket holders and our fans, and I would disagree with that."
Sarver said the idea that Suns fans are upset is "a good story" for the media, and is just one of many non-factual stories that have surfaced with regards to the team.
But, he added, he understands tough decisions during tough times will rub fans the wrong way.
"This is a tough time for a franchise," he said. "When we're not winning and we're not playing well fans are upset, and that all comes with it.
"What I would say to the fans is we're working every day to try to get our team back to elite status."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.