Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 12:23 pm
Robert Sarver evaluates Phoenix Suns GM Lance Blanks
Many Suns fans are questioning the plan for rebuilding the franchise that general manager Lance Blanks is executing stemming from the firing of Gentry and the hiring of player development coordinator Lindsey Hunter as interim head coach.
John Gambadoro asked Sarver when the job his GM is doing will be evaluated. Here's Sarver's response:
Everybody in the organization is evaluated on an annual basis and on a regular basis. That's something we do with everyone in the company. Lance has a very good eye for talent. One of his main jobs right now is going to be in the draft, to try and get the best talent we can. We do a draft rating before every draft -- we list the top 20 players in order that we think we would pick them in. I get a chance to go back and look at that a year or two later, see the results and check the list. He's been good with the draft. I think that's a real strength of his.
Sarver then did offer up an area where he believes Blanks needs improvement.
The biggest weakness of Lance Blanks is that he's not good at public relations, but that's not his job. Yeah, I'd like him to be a little better. I wish he'd spend a little bit more time with you guys, so you give him a fair shake, but his job is to put together a basketball team. That's his job and I think he knows how to do that and I think he'll do a good job with it.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.