Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 2:57 pm
Suns' Lindsey Hunter denies undermining Alvin Gentry
More specifically, the point that Hunter would bark out instructions during games even though he wasn't on the official coaching staff.
Hunter, who makes his NBA coaching debut Wednesday night in Sacramento against the Kings, joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo to discuss those allegations.
"That's absolutely false," he said. "I was hired here as a player development coach, and that's what I did. I worked closely with the players and I worked strictly on skill work, so I don't know what skill work wouldn't be effective in a basketball game.
"If I'm working with a guy's shooting, and he's shooting his shot flat and looks at me and says 'what am I doing wrong' and I say 'get the shot up', that's instructional. That has nothing to do with anything but helping him as a player."
Hunter also addressed his coaching staff, which will not include former assistant Dan Majerle, who parted ways with the team earlier this week. Elston Turner's status is still up in the air.
"When I got the information that I was hired, I went to both of those guys and expressed myself to them and understood either way how they felt," he said. "I could live with them either staying or going elsewhere."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.