Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Suns' McCoy: Assistant deserves plenty of credit
During McCoy's interview with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, he said that a lot of the credit should go to an unsung hero on Phoenix's coaching staff, Igor Kokoškov.
"Igor is a very talented coach," McCoy said. "I think sometimes he might be forgotten a little bit, but he's certainly a veteran in this league."
McCoy said Kokoškov is especially fit for the job as an assistant because of his offensive strategy.
Aside from being an assistant with the Suns, Kokoškov is the head coach of the country of Georgia's national basketball team, which McCoy believes helps validate his position on the coaching staff.
"It's very apparent that coach Lindsey Hunter wants Igor to be involved particularly offensively and I thought in the two games we saw the two working as a real team on the bench," he said. "So I think Igor Kokoškov certainly will be a big help to Lindsey Hunter, no question about it."
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.