Suns' McCoy: Assistant deserves plenty of credit
During McCoy's interview with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, he said that a lot of the credit should go to an unsung hero on Phoenix's coaching staff, Igor Kokoškov.
"Igor is a very talented coach," McCoy said. "I think sometimes he might be forgotten a little bit, but he's certainly a veteran in this league."
McCoy said Kokoškov is especially fit for the job as an assistant because of his offensive strategy.
Aside from being an assistant with the Suns, Kokoškov is the head coach of the country of Georgia's national basketball team, which McCoy believes helps validate his position on the coaching staff.
"It's very apparent that coach Lindsey Hunter wants Igor to be involved particularly offensively and I thought in the two games we saw the two working as a real team on the bench," he said. "So I think Igor Kokoškov certainly will be a big help to Lindsey Hunter, no question about it."
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.