Updated Jan 26, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer first loss under Lindsey Hunter
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-99 loss to the win over the Spurs on January 26.
The Suns continued their newfound uptempo, high intensity style of play under interim head coach Lindsey Hunter.
Michael Beasley delivered another impressive performance, scoring a season-high 25 points, including 10 in the second quarter.
Jared Dudley also performed well for the Suns, dropping 23 points with five assists and five rebounds on the night.
The Suns had no answer defensively for Tony Parker, who scored 31 points with 11 of those coming in the game's final quarter. Parker added five assists and forced six turnovers in the fourth. He finished 13 for 17 from the field. The Spurs' point guard was also instrumental in San Antonio's late 7-0 run in the fourth, scoring four points and adding an assist.
• The Suns dropped their first game under their new coach. Phoenix is now 2-1 with Hunter at the helm.
• Phoenix was outscored 27-14 in the fourth quarter. They went just 2-of-7 in the paint.
• Shannon Brown was ejected from the game after a hit on Manu Ginobili with a flagrant two.
The Suns will head to Dallas to face the Mavericks on Sunday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.