Updated Jan 26, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer first loss under Lindsey Hunter
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-99 loss to the win over the Spurs on January 26.
The Suns continued their newfound uptempo, high intensity style of play under interim head coach Lindsey Hunter.
Michael Beasley delivered another impressive performance, scoring a season-high 25 points, including 10 in the second quarter.
Jared Dudley also performed well for the Suns, dropping 23 points with five assists and five rebounds on the night.
The Suns had no answer defensively for Tony Parker, who scored 31 points with 11 of those coming in the game's final quarter. Parker added five assists and forced six turnovers in the fourth. He finished 13 for 17 from the field. The Spurs' point guard was also instrumental in San Antonio's late 7-0 run in the fourth, scoring four points and adding an assist.
• The Suns dropped their first game under their new coach. Phoenix is now 2-1 with Hunter at the helm.
• Phoenix was outscored 27-14 in the fourth quarter. They went just 2-of-7 in the paint.
• Shannon Brown was ejected from the game after a hit on Manu Ginobili with a flagrant two.
The Suns will head to Dallas to face the Mavericks on Sunday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.