Suns Strokes: Suns outscored by 11 in fourth quarter, lose third straight to Dallas
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 109-99 loss to the Mavericks on February 1.
Shannon Brown scored a game-high tying 20 points, his team-high tying eighth 20-point effort of the season.
Meanwhile, Goran Dragic flirted with a triple-double: 19 points, eight rebounds and nine assists. He tallied eight or more assists for the season-high sixth consecutive game, extending the longest active streak of its kind in the NBA.
Before the game, interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said of Michael Beasley's season-high 27-point, five-steal performance against the Lakers Wednesday, "Hopefully, there's more to come."
It never did, at least not on this night. Beasley misssed 11-of-13 shots and committed three turnovers in 28 minutes.
He Said It:
"I think our intensity was not the same as last game," Dragic said. "We were not engaged on defense, and you know, if you get some stops then you're not pressured on offense. We struggled offensively and they scored a few easy baskets so we don't defend."
• The Suns in the fourth quarter allowed 35 points, one shy of an opponent season-high as Dallas shot 12-of-24 (.500)
• Phoenix has forced 99 turnovers in six games under Hunter.
The Suns (16-31) play the first of four straight road games with a visit to the Golden State Warriors (29-17) on Saturday, February 2.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.