Updated Feb 4, 2013 - 12:14 pm
Suns' Jermaine O'Neal set to return to court
"I felt pretty good, conditioning-wise," O'Neal said following Monday's practice at US Airways Center. "Obviously I'm not where I want to be, but a lot better than I thought I would be. I felt strong."
O'Neal hasn't played since the Suns' loss at home to Milwaukee on January 17 -- which also happened to be Alvin Gentry's last game as head coach. But the 34-year-old center will be back in uniform Tuesday night when the Suns visit the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Suns limp into the game with a 16-32 record on the season -- the second-worst mark in the Western Conference. In O'Neal's absence the team posted a 3-4 mark, and he's looking forward to helping the improvement the Suns have shown since Lindsey Hunter took over the head coaching reins.
"We've got to play it out and in the process of playing it out, we've got to show our fan base that we're committed to being better," he said.
Tuesday's game against the Grizzlies opens a tough three-game road trip for Phoenix, who has been dreadful away from home this season, posting a 4-20 record. Only the Washington Wizards (3-21) have been worse on the road this season.
"Obviously you have to win your games at home, but the teams with winning records on the road are the teams that are playing in May and June for the ultimate goal," O'Neal said.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.