Updated Feb 4, 2013 - 12:14 pm
Suns' Jermaine O'Neal set to return to court
"I felt pretty good, conditioning-wise," O'Neal said following Monday's practice at US Airways Center. "Obviously I'm not where I want to be, but a lot better than I thought I would be. I felt strong."
O'Neal hasn't played since the Suns' loss at home to Milwaukee on January 17 -- which also happened to be Alvin Gentry's last game as head coach. But the 34-year-old center will be back in uniform Tuesday night when the Suns visit the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Suns limp into the game with a 16-32 record on the season -- the second-worst mark in the Western Conference. In O'Neal's absence the team posted a 3-4 mark, and he's looking forward to helping the improvement the Suns have shown since Lindsey Hunter took over the head coaching reins.
"We've got to play it out and in the process of playing it out, we've got to show our fan base that we're committed to being better," he said.
Tuesday's game against the Grizzlies opens a tough three-game road trip for Phoenix, who has been dreadful away from home this season, posting a 4-20 record. Only the Washington Wizards (3-21) have been worse on the road this season.
"Obviously you have to win your games at home, but the teams with winning records on the road are the teams that are playing in May and June for the ultimate goal," O'Neal said.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.