Report: Josh Smith to Suns for Gortat 'unlikely'
Now what the Suns would have to part with to land the 27-year-old remains to be seen, but ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard says one idea is unlikely.
U never say never but source close to situation says Josh Smith to Phx 4 Gortat-headlined package is unlikely— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 19, 2013
Gortat has been rumored to be on the block and he does hold some value, so it's understandable that any deal for Smith may include the 29-year-old center. However, if the Hawks are looking for more -- including some of Phoenix's coveted and tightly-protected draft picks -- they may have to go looking for a deal elsewhere.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?